1926 Llantrisant & Pontyclun Golf Club formed on present site following an enforced move from the Common. The course had 9 holes and a single room clubhouse.
First President appointed – Sir Rhys-Williams
First Captain appointed – Dr J C R Morgan
First Professional – Mr C A Pickett
First Hon Secretary – J. Megins
First Treasurer – T G Davies
1927 Official opening of the Club by Vice President Mr Gomer T. Morgan J.P.
1932 Motion carried at the AGM to allow play on a Sunday.
First hole in one recorded – Mr. A.W. Venables.
1933 At a time of critical financial hardship an EGM was called and members voted in favour of applying for a bar licence.
1934 May – official opening of the bar.
1935 Ladies provided with their own bar having made a financial contribution to the costs.
1936/7 Club became direct tenants from the landowners and proceeded to make further
improvements to the Course.
1937 First County Competition held.
1939 Outbreak of WW2. Army Western Command personnel stationed at Danygraig House
awarded courtesy of Course and Bar.
1940 The freehold land was purchased.
August 7th – Clubhouse gutted by fire (started in the men’s airing cupboard).
By Christmas new Clubhouse rebuilt and officially opened.
At the end of their stay Army personnel presented the Club with a trophy known as the
Western Command Cup.
1950’s Additional land purchased – 20 acres for £1,000 – three new holes constructed.
1962 Winter League formed.
1967 Ted Davies won the Welsh Amateur Stroke Play Competition.
1968 One Hundred Club formed.
1969 David Stevens won the Welsh Amateur Stroke Play Competition.
1969/70 Club had 3 representatives in the National side –Ted Davies/David Adams/David Stevens.
1970 Ted Davies won the Welsh Amateur Championship.
1976 David Adams won the Welsh Amateur Championship followed by David Stevens in 1977, repeating the performance in 1980.
1984 First Pro Celebrity event held.
1985 Renewal of the Clubhouse roof and demolition of old locker room and accompanying
facilities at a cost of £12,000.
1997 Development of an 18-hole course and the construction of the Professional Shop
became reality with the aid of Sportlot funding. With membership levies and grants support from the R & A this enabled the development of an 18-hole course to proceed.
Ladies became Full Members with the right to vote.
1998 Mrs Moira Griffiths became first lady member elected to serve on Club’s Main Committee.
2000 Official opening of the 18-hole course.
2002 Mrs Moira Griffiths became first female member to hold the office of Club Captain,
the second female Club Captain in South Wales.
2002 The 75th Jubilee Year commemorated with a tree planted by the President Mr J. Hogg and Club Captain Mrs Moira Griffiths.
2009 October construction began to provide an Indoor Teaching Area between the
Professional Shop and the Green Keeper’s Workshop at a cost of £30,000.
SENIOR INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS:
1959-1974 E. N. Davies 46 caps
1969-1982 D. L. Stevens 29 caps
1969-1977 M. P. D. Adams 20 caps
1971 E. N. Davies Welsh Team Captain & Walker Cup Selector